The Lewisburg is named after the town, Lewisburg, in Tennessee. Lewisburg is named after the frontier explorer, Meriwether Lewis of the Lewis and Clark duo. Additionally, Lewisburg, TN is home to the World Headquarters of the Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders’ & Exhibitors’ Association. The Lewisburg is arguably our most elegant saddles with its intricate and matching designs. It’s made for exploring, if you’re the likes of Meriwether Lewis. This gaited leather western saddle comes a two tone with a light-brownish/tan leather and black seat. It’s one of our favorite designs named after one of our favorite explorers.
Gaited Saddles: These saddles are built on a specially designed gaited tree. It works well on most Tennessee Walkers, Spotted Saddle Horses, Racking Horses, and most of the other southern gaited breeds. If you have a MFT, Paso Fino, or Rocky Mountain, gaited horse that is difficult to fit, contact us for my recommendations. NOTE: This saddle does not seem to fit most Arabians.
- Gaited Saddle Pad (premium or regular)
- Bridle and Breast Collar
- Saddle bag
Fun Details on the Lewisburg
- 6 3/4″ flared gullet especially for gaited horses
- Also works well on short back horses
- Great fit and great contact
- Fenders slightly forward for balanced ride
- Light weight only 25 pounds
- Light weight fiberglass tree
- Tastefully done hand tooling by expert craftsman. Not machine stamped!
- Soft, supple leather
- Leather with nylon reinforced stirrup/fender straps. Prevents holes from stretching.
- High density foam padded leather seat..
- 4 1/2″ cantle
- Cheyenne cantle roll ( great when you need to grab onto something)
- Latigo ties
- Nylon fleece lining
- Especially made to also fit short back gaited horses.
- Angled rear D’s for “cross fire rigging”
- Double ply girth straps for extra strength and wear.
- Crupper ring.
We use a double in skirt D (rigging D) for this saddles. It allows full, 7/8, 3/4 and 5/8 and cross fire rigging options. Usually features found only in $1200 major brand saddles.
We use quality leather. If you are not familiar with the term “full grain”……..google it.
Its the best quality surface finish of leather available. Not filled, not shaved, not sanded…chosen for its smooth natural quality.
We use soft, supple leather. Our leather may some slight natural imperfections, such as scrapes, fat lines, and other minor irregularities that will be minor and in no way affects the use of the product. We must emphasize the word minor because occasionally customers are more concerned with perfect leather, no matter the cost. If you are a perfectionist we can make a saddle and use only “hand select leather” as a specially quoted price.
Rich, our founder and designer, has worked for many years to develop our gaited saddles with their comfortable and great looking, western styles. Check out the amazon feedback about Rich and our products on both eBay and Facebook for over a decade.
Need Full QH bars?
Do you like our saddle designs, but don’t have a gaited horse? We are expanding our same styles and customer service to full quarter horse bars. These products can be pre-purchased by inquiring here.