Saddle up! There’s no better saddle for trail riding than the Trail Rider by Tennessee (TN) Saddlery! This is a great looking and comfortable saddle. This saddle has the most supple leather we have ever used in one of our lower priced light weight saddles. It is finished in a beautiful chocolate brown. 2 ply leather skirt with. We are really excited to offer lightweight saddle with this quality leather and workmanship at this price. The color options are black or chocolate. The Trail rider has the same design on the saddle as it does on all the accessories. Check out the photos!
Gaited Saddles: These gaited saddles are built on a specially designed gaited tree. It works well on most Tennessee Walkers, Spotted Saddle Horses, Racking Horses, and most of the other southern gaited breeds. If you have a MFT, Paso Fino, or Rocky Mountain, gaited horse that is difficult to fit, contact us for my recommendations. NOTE: This saddle does not seem to fit most Arabians.
Full details for the Trail Rider Western Saddle:
- 6 3/4″Flared gullet especially for gaited horses
- Foam padding and fleece between the saddle and horses back
- Great fit and great contact
- Wood/fiberglass reinforced tree
- Tasteful hand border tooling
- Full Grain……soft, supple leather
- Calf leather, foam padded seat
- Leather with nylon reinforced stirrup/fender straps. Prevents holes from stretching
- High density foam padded leather seat
- 4 1/2″ cantle
- Cheyenne cantle roll (great when you need to grab onto something)
- Blevins buckles
- Light weight…..about 25 pounds
- Lots of latigo ties
- Nylon fleece lining
- Matching leather tooled stirrups
- Angled rear D’s for “cross fire rigging”
- Double ply girth straps for extra strength and wear.
- Double girth D for full, 7/8 and 3/4. 5/8 optional if you use cross fire rigging. Lots of choices with this rigging.
We use only FULL GRAIN, soft, supple leather. Full Grain Leather is THE BEST leather available. Our leather is purchased from Argentina and hand-crafted. Of course you can purchase top-grain and genuine leather, but please watch this video to understand the difference (top gran and genuine leather are of a lesser quality that full-grain leather).
Rich, our founder and designer, has worked for many years to develop our gaited saddles with their comfortable and great looking, western styles. Check out the amazon feedback about Rich and our products on both eBay and Facebook for over a decade.
Need Full QH bars?
Do you like our saddle designs, but don’t have a gaited horse? We are expanding our same styles and customer service to full quarter horse bars. These products can be pre-purchased by inquiring here.