The Bedford, named after Bedford County, Tennessee is where all of our saddles were designed by our founder and designer, Rich. At Tennessee Saddlery, we have been making Bedford for over 15 years! It is Rich’s personal favorite saddle in the tradition of the Old Timer style. The Bedford is made in black and brown.
Gaited Saddles: These saddles are built on a specially designed gaited tree. It works well on most Tennessee Walkers, Spotted Saddle Horses, Racking Horses, and most of the other southern gaited breeds. If you have a MFT, Paso Fino, or Rocky Mountain, gaited horse that is difficult to fit, contact us for my recommendations. NOTE: This saddle does not seem to fit most Arabians.
- Gaited Saddle Pad (premium or regular)
- Bridle and Breast Collar
Full Details of the Bedford
- 6 3/4″ Flared gullet especially for gaited horses
- Works well on short back horse too
- Great fit and great contact
- Fenders slightly forward for balanced seat
- Suede seat for a little extra butt grip
- Light weight only 27 pounds
- Wood/fiberglass reinforced tree
- Tastefully done hand basket weave tooling by expert craftsman. Not machine stamped!
- Full Grain……soft, supple leather
- Leather with nylon reinforced stirrup/fender straps. Prevents holes from stretching.
- Blevins buckles
- High density foam padded leather seat.
- 4 1/2″ cantle
- Cheyenne cantle roll
- Latigo ties
- Matching hand tooled stirrups
- Nylon fleece
- May be used with “cross fire rigging”
- Angled rear D
- We supply 2 6′ double ply nylon girth straps for cross fire or conventional rigging
- Double rigging D, allows for full, 7/8, 3/4 and 5/8 or crossfire rigging
- layer of foam between tree and fleece for extra comfort for your horse
Note: If you wish to use crossfire rigging, you can see how to do it on youtube. You will need to use 2 6′ girth straps.
We use only FULL GRAIN, soft, supple leather. Full Grain Leather is THE BEST leather available. Our leather is purchased from Argentina and hand-crafted. We use only vegetable tanned quality leather. Full grain leather is the best and strongest leather for saddles, but may or may not have some slight natural imperfections, such as scrapes, fat lines, and other minor irregularities that will be minor and in no way affects the use of the product. We must emphasize the word minor because occasionally customers are more concerned with perfect leather, no matter the cost. If you are a perfectionist we can make a saddle and use only “hand select leather” as a specially quoted price. Of course you can purchase top-grain and genuine leather, but please watch this video to understand the difference (top gran and genuine leather are of a lesser quality that full-grain leather).
Rich, our founder and designer, has worked for many years to develop our gaited saddles with their comfortable and great looking, western styles. Check out the amazon feedback about Rich and our products on both eBay and Facebook for over a decade.
Need Full QH bars?
Do you like our saddle designs, but don’t have a gaited horse? We are expanding our same styles and customer service to full quarter horse bars. These products can be pre-purchased by inquiring here.